Sunday, September 12, 2010

BUNNY RINGS + BREAKFAST CLUBS + BABING FRIENDS


August was a tricky month. Cold, and loaded with deadlines; stress and chilly wind gusts aren't the best of friends. However, as the month drew to a close and my early September birthday drew near, I began to feel strangely euphoric. The sun began to peel itself off of it's day bed, my spirits lifting with every ray that indulged my wintry skin.
It's been a long, tiring week. Some of this exhaustion was self-induced (a little too much celebrating of my 23rd year, me thinks), and some was due to masses of work that kept tugging at my time and energy. Sunday, however, was the perfect antidote to a week of late nights and hours in front of a computer screen. The day began by slipping on my new Rabbit In A Hat ring, admiring my new vintage 70's typewriter (both perfect presents!), and trotting off to meet some very lovely friends for eggs and coffee. Many cupcakes, a flea market, a movie and some much needed vegetables later, I am able to sit down and breathe a big sigh of relief that it's over.
Sweet dreams, pretty people.

x

1 comment:

  1. I love the ring and the cupcakes --- are there any left? (for me?)
    I think it was Edna O'Brien who wrote that "August was a wicked month" and she meant that in the old definition of wicked.
    I hope September continues to be a beautiful month for you.

    ReplyDelete