Friday, August 13, 2010

CONSIDER THIS


You know, change is truly in the air. And I'm not just talking about the sudden displacement of your cat/tree/large shed due to these ferocious winds we've been having. I don't know if you feel it too, but in my life change is manifesting itself in many different forms. Some of it is welcome change - this blog, my sudden determination to knuckle down and meet deadlines, friendships rekindling and spontaneous bowls of spaghetti with my sister. Some of it is not-so-welcome change - lives lost, broken hearts, endings of beautiful relationships. But you know what?


Yep. Shit happens. And, really, all change is good change, right? It's so easy to get trapped in destructive relationships and patterns. There's no point looking to the future for solace for that means hedging hope in a non-existent world. So, where do we look for comfort? Beats me. But I know that all the vices in my life - ex-boyfriends, mindless television, chocolate and wine - need to get the old heave-ho (does it still count as chocolate if it's coating a biscuit? Shh.) I can't hope for a sunnier tomorrow, but I can hope for a sunnier Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment