Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ME VS. THE KEYS



Unfortunately, there is no known cure for writers block. He's a nasty little man who enjoys making appearances when a deadline is looming. I found a picture of him (see top image). Does he look the way you imagined? He certainly does to me. Why is it that some people respond to pressure like a fish responds to water? Effortlessly, and wondering how they could meet a challenge without it? Others (ahem...) seem to lose all sense of priority and wind up playing dress ups with one's own clothes instead of opening up that document and just getting on with it, because they know Mr W.B. will rear his ugly head the minute they do. It probably doesn't help that I blast Billy Idol as soon as I try to work and just end up dancing around the living room like some sort of possessed pop-cultural fiend. 
Time for re-enforcements. Raymond Carver, I need your crystalline prose asap.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment