Sunday, August 15, 2010

WHEN DID WE GROW UP?




This weekend, my sister paid me a short visit. A Sydney girl through and through (minus the blonde hair), she may not have brought the Bondi sunshine with her, but she did bring the sort of comfort you can only find from someone who has seen you go through it all and never faltered in offering perfect advice. We laughed at the wind, admired white owls and scoffed a few too many pieces of fruity pavlova. 

Tomorrow, a new week begins. My degree in Media and Communications is starting to consume most of my time - shooting documentaries on female street artists, writing essays on Shakespeare, analysing the effects of social networking, and learning how to write in HTML code. Blimey. If only there was more time to lie in fields of flowers and sew poems onto handkerchiefs. Is it just me, or are you also desperate for the cold weather to trot on up to New York or London so we can slip on a cotton smock and paint our toenails and drink gin and tonic in the early evening sunshine? 

Next week, I shall post pictures of the summer dresses I am coveting most.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment