Thursday, August 26, 2010

THE VIEW FROM RIGHT HERE




Being the product of many English, Scottish and Irish ancestors, I have a natural affinity with the rain. It comforts me like no sunny day could. The dizzying heights of a Melbourne summer bear no comparison to the cozy darkness of a Melbourne winter. I woke up this morning unsurprised by the drizzle outside my window. I was so taken with my rainy day mood (and, really, was just finding excuses not to sit down and type my essay on networked society theories...can you blame me?) that I decided to show you the pockets of inspiration on my walls. I don't know about you, but I cannot stand blank walls or unfilled spaces. At least my unhealthy magazine habit gets put to some use when I butcher the publication for the sake of decoration. White walls get lonely too you know. So go on, rip out a page from that editorial that makes you grin and stick it on your wall. We all need beautiful things to look at. Especially when it stops raining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment